Whether this page is your introduction to North Wilkesboro Presbyterian Church or you are a long time friend, we are glad you are here! Please use the resources on this web site to become acquainted with NWPC and to catch up on all the latest happenings and news.
As a church family and a congregation of the Presbyterian Church USA, we strive both to live up to and to live into our mission statement:
We are sinners who seek God’s will in a broken and hurting world. We are called into community to worship God, to learn and grow in our faith, to bear one another’s burdens, to spread the good news of God’s love in Jesus Christ, to share our resources, and to open our doors to all without reserve. As the body of Christ, alive in the world, we are forgiven and forgiving; affirmed and affirming; renewed and renewing; blessed and called to be a blessing; served and called to be servants of all.
A brief sampling of some of our congregational activities speaks to the healthy cross-section of ages in our church family:
- We worship at 11:00 a.m. each Sunday, with Church School for all ages at 9:45 a.m.
- We offer active vocal and bell choirs for adults and older teens.
- Our youth ministry is spirited and growing, with active Middle School and Senior High youth groups, an award-winning youth puppet ministry, mission trips, worship conferences, and lots and lots of laughter!
- We enjoy good, old-fashioned Wednesday evening church suppers and local and international service opportunities all in one, growing congregation.
- An active weekday preschool program keeps the happy voices of children echoing in our halls.
- We are enthusiastic supporters of scouting, sponsoring Cub Scout Pack 336 and Boy Scout Troop 336, which has been continuously sponsored by our church for more than 75 years.
Everything at NWPC is about deepening our relationships: with God, with family, with friends, and with neighbors in need as we together seek and serve the Kingdom of God as revealed by Jesus Christ.
Come to visit
come to stay!