As our mission statement states, we are called to be “the Body of Christ, alive in the world.” Our mission and outreach ministries are where those words are put into practice.
- We partner with our sister churches, North Wilkesboro First United Methodist Church and North Wilkesboro Baptist Church, to sponsor Habitat for Humanity builds–we have completed five houses to date.
- We set aside “at home mission trip” weeks to join in a week of service to the local community.
- We participate in the Presbyterian Church USA’s Pennies for Hunger program and have sponsored grants for numerous Wilkes County hunger agencies.
- We provide direct aid to persons in need through our Matthew 25 Fund.
National and International Missions
- We support the work of the Hebron Foundation in providing medical ministries to the people of Chiapas, Mexico.
- We send both individuals and church-wide teams on international mission opportunities. In recent years, our members have served on short term mission trips in Mexico, Tanzania, and Thailand, as well as in New Orleans on cleanups from Hurricane Katrina.
Where the needs of the world call, we seek to answer as we are able, and new ministry opportunities emerge constantly.